Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's not a tooma, it's a rock.

So the battle has begun again. Many do not know the sordid past of my tumor history or this particular part of my sense of humor. I personally have not had a tumor. And I don't really find them particularly funny. But sometimes you have to step outside and laugh a little and so tumor humor was born. I did not invent tumor humor- but I was raised by it. You have to deal with the hand you are given- even if you have to trade a few cards in along the way- you are still stuck with your basic hand. My basic hand was riddled with tumors. My dad and all of his siblings have or had cancer at least once- and only 2 of them are around to tell their stories. My brother and cousin both died from cancer in childhood. As my uncle recently informed me- you are allowed certain leeways when you are the oldest surviving member in the "dead zone". Tumor humor is one of those things. You make jokes because you have to, because the days are long enough- you need to laugh to get through. If you aren't ready for that- I suggest perusing something a little more benign(puns count...) like a blog about the weather. I'm sure if my grandmother had better sight and any knowledge of what computers can do- she would have a kickin blog about the weather- she can tell you down to the degree the weather anywhere she has ever lived or where anyone she has ever known currently lives or has lived. But this blog is gonna be about Lily, and her tumor which as she says" it's not a tooma, it's a rock in my belly."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)