Sunday, November 23, 2008

Helping Hands for Lily

I know you all may find this hard to believe, but I have no idea about anything that's going on with anything except Lily. Rumor has it that there is a holiday this week. The only reason I know this is because we have had so many kind offers for Thanksgiving dinner. We will be having a quiet holiday at home because Lily's blood counts will be the lowest at that time. We will also not be having visitors for the same reason. Thank you so much for all the offers. My plan is to cook....I want to. I am prepared for the fact that part of our family may have to be back in the hospital. But I am hoping for the best. Plans can change. The kids will be just as happy with chicken nuggets as long as there is punkin pie.

As I alluded to yesterday... I have the most amazing group of friends. I had no idea HOW amazing. Friends who hijack contact lists and build websites. I knew I kept you all around for a reason...xoxoxox

Some of my dearest friends have put together a blogsite called Helping Hands for Lily and the Mallorys in order to help us with some of the emotional and financial challenges we will face this year helping Miss Lil fight cancer. Fortunately the military covers all of our medical costs, which is a major plus. There is a section in the blog for comments which is my favorite part. Phil and I are completely awed by the support we have been given from across the ocean as well as here on the island. From old friends(age as well as timeline...hee hee hee) new friends, and even complete strangers have come together for us. It is humbling.

http://helpinghandsforthemallorys.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)