Saturday, April 11, 2009

What did yeeewww saaaayyyyyy?

So Lil's hearing is really getting bad. The folks at the park were talking about how they found a blackberry and had a helluva time finding it's owner. There was no call log and few phone numbers listed. They finally reached her son who informed them that she is deaf and mostly uses the phone for text and email. Wow. And I thought it was a great way to blog from the hospital and look up random words docs use so I look like I'm in the know.....yea technology!

Two of Lily's entourage were following her around at clinic and kept talking to her and she never responded. One finally looked at me- she's really in a grumpy mood today isn't she? No, not really I said- she can't hear you- there's too much going on here- watch....so I yell "LLLLILLYYY!" she turns right around. Both nurses roll their eyes- we should know better, I guess you just hope that she's just ignoring you. Yeah, I know. I played that game for months. One more week until she gets her appointment about hearing aids. Her speech is really suffering lately- I could blame my head cold- but I usually have to ask her mutliple times to repeat herself. At dinner we cover our mouths and whisper things or make sounds that are in the frequencies she can't hear- sometimes she catches on and laughs at us- other times she doesn't. Yep that's the excitement in the Mallory household. As one of my neighbors kindly pointed out- at least she can go to state funded preschool next year. The short bus might even pick her up. Am I allowed to call it that? I mean it is shorter in relation to the longer buses. And yet I think- how big of a kick will she get out of riding the bus 6 blocks? The things you have to do these days to get to ride the bus to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)