Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Investments

When Phil and I got married and had Phillip, we didn't have a lot. We had love and family. Generous family that helped us get settled, gave us what they could and friends that became family and showed us the ropes. We agreed I would work if I could, if I wanted to. Mostly I am a career mom. I've had a job here and there, most of my "work" is entirely volunteer. I invest in the things I am passionate about. I am most passionate about my children.

I invest in the future.

There are days my investments may kill me.

There are days my investments make me cry. sad tears. happy tears. tears of agony. tears of pride.

My investments are expensive.

I have no idea what the interest rate is on my investments. So far it seems variable.

My investments are stressful.

My investments are helpful.

My investments have unlimited potential, they just have to realize it.

I have put so much into my investments, I wonder how I have anything left to share.

When I feel depleted. I remember my investments.

Sometimes I get lucky with investments.

Sometimes I have to rely on luck to get me through my investments.

Sometimes I wonder how I could be so lucky.

My investments are ALWAYS worth it.

There are times I ignore my investments. Let them accrue. Let them diversify.

At times my investments are volatile. It is then I rely most on mutual funds.

Investments are more than fiduciary duty or yields. It is about bonds.

Investments are my best assets.

Most days, through the daily trudge, I don't give a lot of thought to my investments. We have our routine, I tend to daily needs. I forget to look at the big picture, like anyone else. There are sometimes I just want to be free of my investments. Take a vacation. Then I remember that my investments are my future. They are the future. They are the best and sometimes the worst of me.

My children are the best investments I have ever made.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)