Monday, May 7, 2018

April with Team Mallory



I thought I'd do a quick picture update, then 150+ pictures...2 iphone slideshow failed attempts and a computer crash later- here we are. 

April was amazing, busy, wonderful. I can not express how proud I am of my minis. From donating birthday money to St. Baldrick's, to Lily giving almost every class at school presentations on Childhood Cancer and the need to fund research, to the actual bald. Most days I feel like I'm failing miserably- then these bald heads remind me we are doing something right. We can't control circumstances, we can control how we respond to them. 

I am humbled, honored and speechless at the tremendous support we've received this month. From donations, to fundraisers, to sharing all the posts, to wonderful t-shirts, lovingly made by friends(Snarky Cancer is the best), I so appreciate every little and BIG contribution to Team Mallory. I am so grateful for your friendship, love and time. Friends are family that you've chosen, thank you for choosing us. 

Phil and I ventured to Toronto for a long weekend LFS conference. It was the most mutant bang for our buck! There were lots of friends, old friends, new friends, it did my heart good to reconnect in human form. There were so many people I needed to hug, repeatedly. So many who don't like to be touched, who put up with me. I was not on my normal scientific fangirl game, but it was so encouraging to see the LFS community together- hashing away at this mutant p53 problem.  And there were so many pictures I didn't take, friends I didn't get to hug. Plans will be made to rectify this. ***Phil cringes and considers who will employ stage 4 cancer mom to finance this***

As for Phil. He is my lobstah. My best friend. It's been a long haul and he's always supported my need to be a professional volunteer. Which often means his being a professional volunteer and best friend, husband, dad status. None of this would be possible without him. Read that as you will....He is the best person I know. Now on to May- May the odds ever be in our favor!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow design created with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)