Friday, October 5, 2018

Oct. 3-4. Family Matters

Wednesdays. Pinktober.  I've never been a pink fan. To each their own. Pink ribbons and pink marketing,  I think honestly the sports pinking bothered me the most. Instead of rage, I funnel that energy into other things.

Yet this Wednesday was Mean Girls Wednesday. The soundtrack from the Broadway Production plays over and over in the girls' rooms. Suddenly worlds collide. Snark and awareness. Snarkness? Awark? kinda like woke but with more snark.

Girls are mean. Middle school and high school are tough. Thinking it matters what people think- finding you stand alone when it really counts and then if you are lucky- finding your tribe.

At the high school here, they instituted business Wednesdays. The kids can skip wearing the uniform shirt, but have to wear at least business casual. Kiera and her friends- wear business pink. It's fetch.

Thursday. Back to PT. It's good. I'm sore, but the PT helps. I run to walmart. yeah that's right, respect. 2 outings- one day- woop woop.

Between errands- woop woop- I check messages.  Lily's called, a message- Something about Bella a fight at school and oh dear. Teens. This really only affects what I buy for Bella at Walmart. and my entire weekend.

By the time I'm done at walmart- bella is calling declaring she is sorry and will comply with whatever list of chores I decide. I decide we will continue this discussion at home.

And that occupies my/our Thursday night. CSI Ewa Beach- piecing together the drama- like sands through the hour glass- so are the days of middle school. So no we aren't perfect, we are real and we spend a lot of our energy making the world a better place, one
mallory at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)