Friday, December 6, 2019

Thankfully Burdened and Drained.

Thankful. 

We had a quiet yet very tasty Thanksgiving at home. Phil prepped and cooked everything. It was amazing and so good. I still felt a bit exhausted from appointments the days before. We are kinda in the revolving door phase of appointments- often going in for one, being sent to another and never knowing what fun might be in store. The drain placement was very much planned and I have to admit- I was really really anxious. It was necessary, since we were revolving into pulmonology too often to help my breathing via way of large needle poked into pleural cavity(the spot between lungs and ribs).

Phil and I argue over how many times I've been drained, technical term thoracentesis. Thoracenteses?

At the game with the Bigs. 
It's only half irrelevant since I am now the proud fashion model of a left side drain(indwelling pleural catheter). Every other night, Phil drains it and I have some relief and opportunity to layish for sleeping. And in true Jen fashion, my right pleural cavity got all jealous like and juicy and now we are draining it in office as needed. Being able to drain at home is nice, but not without issues and the placement procedure was so stressful due to my inability to breathe- that I am not jumping at adding another one. yet.
You know it's bad when the bathroom is your "sterile" zone. 

Our first  home drain solo was on the 30th and before Phil's birthday festivities. I've always been the gift that keeps on giving. It went well- despite sterile gloves not fitting and the horrendous rashes I develop from adhesives and dressings- so each change means ripping open something- while trying to keep the general area sterile. Kiera has been an amazing help getting me to appointments and was educated on dressing changes so she's been Phil's left handed right hand help and my comic relief and co christmas decorator. Lily asks repeatedly to watch, she's also been amazing at getting me to rest and giving me much needed hugs and support.
Dos. Not sure dos of what....

I think constantly of my time with my dad and am so sad and grateful for my beautiful children and their gifts. I also hate that our roles have reversed and there are so many things I just can not do.  I do not want to be a burden. I do not want the sick day memories to stick. Phillip and Bella cope differently and are very quiet. I worry. A lot. We have talked a bit about where we are at, what's going on, which is difficult because who flipping knows? So I spent time talking to each of them about the importance of family,  but also having someone else to be their person. Even better is to have people, a tribe- like my mutants. Lily totally grasped this at camp and excels at it. The gingers are quieter, more introverted- covering with some pretty funny shenanigans. They each picked a person or people, then I reached out. It was comforting and excruciating to make these connections. Gratefully our people remind me that these are the honors, not the burdens of loving someone.
Taste testers. 

As for a plan. Here's what I know. We are in what mutants call- Shark closest to the boat phase. I have multiple big sharks circling and we have to try and figure out the biggest threat before another one strikes(Halloween costume make a little more sense now?)

My sharks are the high tumor burden in my lungs, creating the fluid and overall making the ability to breathe rather stressful; big progression in my hip, which puts me at risk for a major break and me not being a good candidate for surgery due to aforementioned shark; a new abdominal node/lesion/tumor that they think is probably a sarcoma- you know just for funsies.

So the docs have been trying to find ways to determine which what is the biggest threat- my lungs decided that first....and now we've submitted genetic tests to see if I have any markers to indicate one chemo might be better than another and I failed at even attempting a biopsy because I can't lay on my back. SO I've gone from saying lets not just thrash and burn, lets be specific to saying- um guys- we gotta do something and quick- I'm drowning and there are sharks. And when there are sharks- Mutants Assemble. I am looking forward to next week being filled by 3 of my favorite sisters being here to attend to the chaos of where we are.

My future will involve icky chemo and we are weighing options and agonizing over "options" while draining all of the love and hugs I can into my family. No one knows what the future holds. A few days ago, a gunman walked onto base and took lives. Every day I am thankful Phil comes home, my children are doing ok, and I am here with them. I reach out when I can, talking on the phone is very difficult with the oxygen, so text and messaging works better for me.

Speaking of oxygen- I have Johnny 5( he's the big air compressor I use at night) and Vader- the lil loud guy who I lug around with me, thankful for the breathing.
"Jenny- I am your BREATHER!" - Trish

4 comments:

  1. Oh my... all my love ans prayers coming your way now. Prayers for getting rid of the sharkthreatsattacks. I really Hope the docs are taking Good care of you. Swedish Mutanthugs, for you and for your beautiful family <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jen... continuing to keep you all in thoughts and prayers. Such an incredible family facing such difficult challenges. We love you.
    ~Neeck & Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 55-year-old from Paris, I was diagnosed with second-stage liver cancer following a scheduled examination to monitor liver cirrhosis. I had lost a lot of weight. A CT scan revealed three tumors; one in the center of my liver in damaged tissue and two in healthy portions of my liver. No chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment was prescribed due to my age, the number of liver tumors. One month following my diagnosis I began taking 12 (350 point) Salvestrol supplements per day, commensurate with my body weight. This comprised six Salvestrol Shield (350 point) capsules and six Salvestrol Gold (350 point) capsules, spread through the day by taking two of each capsule after each main meal. This level of Salvestrol supplementation (4,000 points per day) was maintained for four months. In addition, I began a program of breathing exercises, chi exercises, meditation, stretching and stress avoidance. Due to the variety of conditions that I suffered from, I received ongoing medical examinations. Eleven months after commencing Salvestrol supplementation But all invalid so I keep searching for a herbal cure online that how I came across a testimony appreciating Dr Itua on how he cured her HIV/Herpes, I contacted him through email he listed above, Dr Itua sent me his herbal medicine for cancer to drink for two weeks to cure I paid him for the delivering then I received my herbal medicine and drank it for two weeks and I was cured until now I'm all clear of cancer, I will advise you to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. WhatsApps Number...+2348149277967. If you are suffering from Diseases listed below,

    Cancer

    HIV/Aids

    Herpes Virus

    Bladder cancer

    Brain cancer

    Colon-Rectal Cancer

    Breast Cancer

    Prostate Cancer

    Esophageal cancer

    Gallbladder cancer

    Gestational trophoblastic disease

    Head and neck cancer

    Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer

    Kidney cancer

    Leukemia

    Liver cancer

    Lung cancer

    Melanoma

    Mesothelioma

    Multiple myeloma

    Neuroendocrine tumors

    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma

    Oral cancer

    Ovarian cancer

    Sinus cancer

    Skin cancer

    Soft tissue sarcoma

    Spinal cancer

    Stomach cancer

    Testicular cancer

    Throat cancer

    Thyroid Cancer

    Uterine cancer

    Vaginal cancer

    Vulvar cancer

    Hepatitis

    Chronic Illness

    Lupus

    Diabetes

    HPV

    Fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Tach Disease,Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck,XoXo****
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)  

    ReplyDelete

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)