Thursday, October 16, 2008

Murphy and his laws....

We had a power outage the other night and my bud Murphy decided that we didn't have enough goin on and that he would toy with us a little. Phil is a night person and I am a morning person- well sort of, used to be- it's all fairly irrelevant when stress mucks up your sleep anyhow. He's been stayin up late and I usually end up waking up when he comes to bed, so I do my research and whatnot. So, I head downstairs and try to turn on the computer, nothing. I try this that- unplugging, replugging,monitor's on, printer's on, ugh. Lovely- I guess I'll have to resort to cleaning the house now. Phil checked it out yesterday when he got up and said the power somethin ma jiggy words words words- he took it in to have it checked out today. So we are without a computer right now.

Fortunately my neighbors are awesome and Ms. Shelley is keeping the lil cretins occupied while I fill you all in!

We had our pre-op yesterday which was papers papers and more papers. Lily had to have blood drawn so they can have her type ready tomorrow. Unfortunately that meant she had to have the hospital band on her ankle and she's supposed to keep it on til tomorrow. She can't get it wet and really wanted a bath last night so we did an anklet break. I managed to Jimmy it open and the mechanism is still in tact so we can put it on tomorrow and she won't have to get poked again. Even Phil was surprised at my complete rule breakage- but seriously- the child wanted a bath- It's gonna be awhile with a big belly incision before she can do it again and I know for a fact that he would have done the same thing eventually. He wanted to take her to the waterpark, but I sent him and the older two on so Lily can rest. She had school today and Ms. Chris said she practically fell asleep on her lap-poor lil monkey. So we are gonna take it easy while the big kids are off at the park!

We get up before dawn tomorrow and there is zero phone reception at the hospital so I will do my best to keep everyone informed. She is the first and only case for Dr. E tomorrow, but it could take all day. The other 3 are well cared for by neighbors and grandma Sandy will be spending the night with them tomorrow and Saturday so Phil and I can be with Lily. Hugs to all and thank you all for the support, we are really humbled by how wonderful everone has been.

I'll leave you with my conversation with Lily after pre-school today,

Lily: Mom, I'm gungry.
Mom: Ok, we'll get lunch at home.
Lily: I want McDonald's.
Mom: How about PBJ?
Lily: No, you say yes to me!
Mom: allrightythen- nuggets or hangaburger?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)