Thursday, December 11, 2008

Watching the Rain, Waitin for Rainbows

Phil just let me know that Lily is doing well and her counts are up. The transfusion did good. She is going to get her day 4 treatment this afternoon and be on her way home- where hopefully I can keep the germs away from her. It's a good thing I wasn't a germaphobe before- because I would be losing my ever lovin mind right now. I kinda feel like fastening a clorox wipe to Bella's face- would that be bad?( rhetorical question- it says right on the box....although Bella has been known to use them instead of Baby wipes...not one of her finer solutions) Although if I get her to wear mittens- I could fasten clorox wipes to the outside of them....As much as I have been tortured bein away from Lil- it has been nice bonding again with Bella.

It's pouring here. There was actually lightening last night. Our house is steel frame so storms here are a step above being in a tent during a storm. Bella hopped into bed with me and would sit up straight and say "scared mommy" every time there was a flash. I finally got her tucked under the covers so she couldn't see it. This morning as the kids bundled up, we listened to the school closures on the radio. It always amuses me. It's raining. Fortunately school was still on! I did point out that this is the closest we'll see to snowstorm or anything remotely winterish. Remember my comments about rain and following rainbows.....sometimes we gotta just weather the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)