Monday, January 5, 2009

Counting is overrated

Phil was nice enough to inform me that next cycle is not halfway, we will be half way when the 4th cycle is complete. I mean technically we can't possibly assess halfway until we are done and look back but really who's counting? Me. 4 is half of 8 so when we get TO cycle 4, we are half Way.

Lily is resting following her tube placement. She was pretty mad and uncomfortable following the surgery but we got her pain managed.

While I was in recovery with lily, Phil read up on the feeding tube. "it isn't as easy as I thought it would be". What About direct access to stomach contents sounds easy? There is cleaning and twisting and flushing involved. I about gagged when he read me the part about pulling out some of the stomach contents into the syringe...really? Haven't I seen enough of those? The ick factor has been elevated to heeby Jeeby. All in all she is doing well except she just informed me she's hungry and she can't eat until tomorrow .
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)