Thursday, January 8, 2009

Poor sad lil monkey

Lily's G tube is healing well. Despite my best efforts, I was here for its first use. It wasn't bad. She has only had meds and pedialyte through it, but that all went well. The mitotane clogs it and they use coke(or other carbonated beverage of choice) to clear it out. The good news is that it only takes a few mLs then I get to drink the rest! We are experimenting with various liquids to see if any one works best with the mitotane. I have suggested they call st. Judes to see what their experience is. I may just have to make the call myself when I am not changing pull ups. Nasty toxic chemo funk gross leaky leading to entire bed change pull ups . And its not pee leakin people. The things we do for our little angels. We had 6 episodes between midnight and when the annoying little residents come around. Welcome to the Mallory zoo. I'm all for science and medicine and learning but the tube looks the same as it did yesterday and an hour ago and it will also look the same WHEN SHE WAKES UP! I think Phil worked magic when he was here, they don't wake her up anymore. But I apparently don't scare them, yet. She had a little fvr last night but it came down. Her white blood cell counts went up which is the appropriate response following surgery. She is still on morphine which makes for some interesting conversations. Last night swiper the fox was trying to swipe her kitten. We should go home tonight but its hard to say. We are a day behind so this weeks treatments won't be done until Saturday.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

1 comment:

  1. You need to find out Phil's magic(scary drill instructor face with accompanying "grrrr"??). Her (and your) sleep is way too precious. Find your inner scary face and keep those residents in line!! Mama Bears rule!
    Love you!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)