Friday, March 27, 2009

Another day in Paradise...



I generally forget how close we live to tropical hideaways. KoOlina is awesome- but it's man made. The ocean of course is real- but the lagoons, rocks, what not- imported. So when my friend called yesterday and said- let's go see Waimea Falls- I was all about it. Of course an hour later as I was trying to wrestle Bella into her carseat( the analogy of stuffing an octopus into a net bag comes to mind- but from what I know octopi fight SILENTLY.....) I was beginning to wonder if an hour in the car to get to our destination was going to be worth it.




It was worth it. Of course you have to buy tickets to take the hike....and the age is 4 and up. Well Lily decided the day after her birthday that 4 was fun, "but I am 3 again now." Everytime someone asks how old she is, she says "I was 4, now I am 3". So I figure this is perfect- she'll be free. So how old are you today Lily? "Today, Today I am 4." Of course you are , Of course you are.





It was a 3/4 mile hilly "hike" - there was a paved path- which I did not expect or I would have brought the kids and stroller years ago. I figured it was a hike. There are tons off offshoot paths and stairways that the kiddos had fun running up and down. A couple of minor scrapes occurred- but nothing ER worthy for a change. It's not that Bella wasn't trying- it kept raining on and off and she kept hopping from slick rock to slick rock. She either has incredible balance, or is very very lucky. There were a couple of heiaus- which are ancient temples. Phillip laughed at Bella because he thought she was mispronouncing the word- I told him to her they just looked like houses and that she wasn't trying to say heiau and she probably thought we all talk funny.





We had a picnic and the kids chased bubbles. I am amazed at their energy. I wish I had just a little of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)