Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bouncy, bouncy...













Lily's emotions or her in the bounce house? Up and down, up and down. I was just discussing with my mom how we have the steroids under control and she's doing good. Now I don't know if we need to adjust her dose or add a steroid, hormone, something or if she's dealing with side effects from the hearing loss and that's what's making her bipolar. I'll have them run labs on her hormones this week during treatment, but we won't be able to make changes until next week because they give her such big doses of steroid to combat the chemo side effects.






We had a big 1st birthday celebration to go to yesterday and in the car she was throwing a fit. I was really worried that we were going to experience a major tantrum publicly. As we walk in the door, she spots Magoo, and all is well with Lily. He got her to eat, she made a funny little hat out of the napkin, everything was going smoothly. Until she has to go potty. She wants Magoo to take her- I wish I would have had the camera out for the look of question on his face- it really was above and beyond the call of duty for a young pilot who is sans kids...fortunately aunty Sharon saved the day. It is interesting to see who Lily latches onto and will accept help from. She decided she wanted her face painted and actually held pretty still, for the most part. She wanted to be a snake. Lily always surprises me with her whims. The other kids, I can always guess what they'll want- Lily, well you just never know. She wanted a snake face and a machine gun balloon. She then went around scaring the bejeezus out of everyone. Bella opted for a kitty face, which is appropriate because she pretends to be a cat at home, sometimes for hours. It's a little strange actually.




Lily had a ton of fun, but we paid for it later with the ups and downs. We finally sent her to her room for quiet time where she mangled her nugget on the bed. She now wears a band aid on the top of her cranium which really does complete the pathetic cancer patient ensemble. The resulting photo may be in the top 10 creepiest photos ever category, so I have to share it. From a distance it looks like alien baby without face. If I had photoshop- I could work wonders.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)