Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Kiera!


What a day. I spent most of the night unable to breathe or swallow and wondering if anyone has ever suffocated from the common cold. I was actually looking forward to some quality sleep time in my MRI, but the apparatus used was less than comfortable in my current state and I did indeed worry that I would suffocate. Fortunately Phil tackled Lily's treatment at the same time and we got to come home at a relatively decent time. Lily's doing more of the ups and downs emotionally which we all are, so whose to say we all don't just have treatment senioritis. Phil took the little ones out to test drive vehicles and I passed out for awhile. When I woke up, I managed to frost Kiera's Hannah Montana Guitar shaped cake(she's been talking about it for months, I can't let her down) while wearing a mask and washing my hands every 5 seconds and the phone ringing every 12 seconds. I have not listened to my messages yet, but if you are one of the 15 who called or 9 who left messages I promise I will tell her you said Happy Birthday. She is downstairs with 2 girlfriends who are sleeping over- so I am quarantined (I seriously need to work on getting myself quarantined more often when I feel better...)and Phil and Stew are left to deal...the report tomorrow could be very entertaining. We had a mini cake and she opened a couple presents. Tomorrow will be the pottery painting extravaganza on base with I think 8 girls...Phil has to work so I have enlisted our sitters to help. Kiera had officially invited them...so she thinks it was her idea. I think Lily and Bella in a room full of breakables sounds entertaining, but expensive.


We are officially done with our 7th chemo treatment. We go in the 20th of April for the last inpatient treatment of this protocol and then Lily has 8 more weeks of mitotane daily after that. I am cautiously optimistic that we will be done by July. I want to plan a "no more chemo" party for her(and for us and all who have been an amazing support system these past months) we just haven't decided if we should do it after the last inpatient or wait til it's done done. Phil took my illness and this cycle finale to participate in a little retail therapy. He no longer has to drive a vehicle without AC......he found himself a nice previously loved CRV and brought it home today. I literally cannot afford to be sick! So don't be surprised when I serve PBJ at our big celebration......when mommy's away the monkeys will play.


I'm fading....hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement!


1 comment:

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)