Sunday, May 31, 2009

First Water park Solo mission.















As usual, Kiera spent the weekend with her adoptive family, our neighbors. Yesterday the kids were bouncing around like caged monkeys, so I decided today I would take the other 3 to the waterpark. Phillip's friend Kale came along and was really helpful with Bella. After about an hour, Lily starts to get tired and pretends not to hear me. This escalates to nasty looks and tongue protrusion, which requires me to park her butt on the side and have numerous talks about public behavior. We take a break for lunch and she perks up a bit- but soon gets back into her "tired" behavior. I would have left earlier, but the boys and Bella were having so much fun. As a result, I tiptoed around Lily trying to keep her happy until it was time to go. And this was for fun. Mostly it just makes me miss Phil. The rest of the afternoon was spent dealing with what I will refer to as aftershocks. They will be expected to continue through tomorrow. Phil is convinced it's the mitotane. I don't know yet. I guess we'll see in a month.










While we are at the waterpark- Phil sends me pictures from his adventure today. He must have been homesick- he went to the San Diego Zoo. Didn't have to go all the way to CA to see monkeys wrestling and a tired mama bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)