Monday, June 1, 2009

I Don't Like Mondays

I never used to have anything against Mondays. Monday wasn't that different than any other day of the week. Mondays used to be my cleaning days. I tried to do that today. After the kids wouldn't wake up and I had to chase them out the door. After the van wouldn't start and thank god Phil got a ride to the airport when he left- so I just had to reload the children into his car. After I got home and established that probably among other things, my battery has finally gone on to battery heaven. After 3 hours of refilling juice cups, providing snacks, wiping bums- I almost had the kitchen to the point I would refer to as clean. And I really enjoyed it for the 5 whole minutes it stayed that way. I was in the midst of contemplating why I couldn't keep up with it as Bella decided to rocket her lucky charms and juice cup across the floor. And still today was easier than any given day in treatment. I'm just tired. The children have post midnight bed vacancy sensors. When dad is gone- they feel compelled to keep me company. The first night it was Phillip after Bella. Then Bella and Kiera. Last night was Bella, who eventually told me that Lily's' port was beepin 'and when I turned it off, she went right back to bed. The machines seem to go in cycles and last night was one of those nights it just felt like beeping. By the time it got it out of it's system, Lily was awake and wanted to snuggle and channel surf- which fortunately she agreed to do in my bed. That at least bought me until daylight. Right around the time the other kids should have been getting up, she was ready to go back to bed-which could not be allowed and made for a grumpy Lily. Still better than having to wake a Lily.

By the time I got the kitchen clean, it was time to go get the kids from school. On our way out the door I spotted what looked like a double headed lizard. I leaned closer and the noggins froze- I clearly had interrupted an intimate moment. Lily jumps over to see what I am looking at. "Look mama- they're all tangled!" I instruct her not to move so I can grab the camera. Of course by the time I get back, she had scared them off. Where'd they go? "they went under there- they're still all tangled!" I guess we'll have more lizards soon. At least somebody was having a good Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)