Thursday, June 18, 2009

No News...


Is good news. I am pleased to report, there is not much to report. It's kinda like the aftermath of a hurricane, really. There's tons of clean up which keeps me busy. On the positive side- the girls wear more clothes now- the down side is I do A LOT of laundry. Our 1999 washer and dryer keep plugging along- and I am doing everything possible to drive those bad boys into the ground. I'm not looking forward to shelling out the deniro for a new pair, BUT word on the street is that I could reduce my number of loads by at least half. Time is money.


I am surprisingly not stressed about Lily's party. Very uncharacteristic, yet true. My biggest worry is that after about an hour and a half, Lily will have a meltdown and that will be that. She likes to be the center of attention, but not directly. Fortunately I have had a few girlfriends offer help and I know that by the end of next week when I start to panic, there will be reinforcements.


Bella has the bug that Kiera and Phillip had last week. A fever and general malaise. Always wanted to use that word. All I hear all day is- MOM. I don't feel good. Mom, I don't feel good. Mom, I don't feel good. Hey Bell? Yeah? DO you feel good? No, I don't feel good. I get that. It did buy me a 30 minute nap this afternoon(it was her second). Lily crashed on the couch and I heard wimpering upstairs- she had gone up to get something and never returned. I found her huddled under her monkey blanket-Mom, I don't feel good- so we curled up and caught a nap until the quiet woke Lily and she sought us out.


I wonder how the laundry got done when Lily was sicker. I think Phil must have done most of it because I have done laundry for 3 days running and it keeps regenerating exponentially. You'd think I was doing laundry for 6 or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)