Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 10 of 21. Chasing Rainbows.

Always rushing. Always somewhere to get to. Always running behind.  As we pulled up to the stoplight on the way to soccer, Bella spotted it. A rainbow. She is on a constant quest for her pot of gold.  She did a project on Ireland and she read the legends. She believes the leprechauns hid the gold. I didn't ask how the leprechauns got to Hawaii.

It's so bright! It's right there! I can see the end!


If we go on a quest to find the end, you will be late for practice.

I'm ok with that.

I take a right into a neighborhood, hoping we can get a good view by the park. It's getting brighter.


I take another turn on a back road . The girls are chattering- it's so close. We can make it.

We reach the end of the road. The rain starts. Lily suggests getting out and holding the umbrella over me so I can get a picture. The rainbow fades.

We get in the car and Lily looks crestfallen. What's wrong?

If I was faster you could have gotten the picture.

Eh, who cares- did we just see the most amazing rainbow together?

Yep.

Do you remember how bright the colors were?

Yep.

Then whether or not I got the perfect picture doesn't matter because it is perfect in your memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)