Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I'm so PROUD!

Phillip graduated MAGNA CUM LAUDE from James Campbell High School on Sunday.


Not only did he take tough, AP courses, he wrestled for 3 years and then worked. I could go on and on about the things he has accomplished so far. On his own. 

His entire high school career, I've been cancering. We've expected more from him at times than a kid his age should have had to deal with. He is independent. He's excelled in so many areas, despite the many medical challenges he has faced and we have faced as a family. 

I am most proud of the young man he has become. We laid a foundation, but his accomplishments are his. I could not be more proud of him. 

He is an amazing big brother and fiercely protective of the girls. To see them beam with pride at graduation was such a blessing. 

He is an immensely talented musician. I could listen to him play the piano all day. He will play a song then drift off into his own compositions. Beautiful pieces. 
debonaire!



He is a gifted writer. I love his sense of humor and the way he expresses himself. He may have inherited a boatload of snark from his parents. 












He is dedicated and loyal and challenges himself physically. He wrestled for 3 years, but also helps friends with workout plans and healthy choices. He manages his diabetes despite everything else. This means extra, always. appointments, attention, planning. And he does it. 



Mostly, every time I run into a friend or acquaintance, they tell me how polite and helpful he is. He is a good human. THAT is what I am most proud of. He has had some shit things happen to and around him, he could choose to be bitter or let it limit him- but he doesn't, he finds his way around it. 
with his pack o supplies. 

The next challenge is college. I have been no help these past 6 months with college applications and planning. Fortunately Phil has been helping with that. Phillip applied to a few schools just in time for deadlines- which all seemed to fall right around my surgery time. Phillip was accepted to 3 local colleges as well as the University of Colorado and waitlisted at The Ohio State University. He is planning on going to the University of Hawaii- Manoa in the fall and is interested in studying Physics.
circa 2008


I am so proud of the person he is and the difference he makes in the lives around him. 
I am lucky to be his mom.  
Proud parents with the graduate!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Kay Monkey

Lily Kay Monkey
November 2008 Photographed by Shelley Detton (7 Layer Studio)